Click here to email Chris Evans
- Chris’s primary strengths are in the acquisition and development of hotels and hotel companies and in the planning and management of corporate hotel development efforts. As a seasoned adviser to the sector, Chris is able to draw on many years of accumulated knowledge of best practice in the industry.
- Chris’s career in the hotel industry began in 1979 with what was to be a seven-year spell with Pannell Kerr Forster. During that time Chris undertook market demand and financial feasibility studies and valuations in locations throughout Europe, the Middle East, Africa, the Caribbean, Latin America, the United States and China.
- From 1985 to 1989 Chris was Director of Development for Europe for the Marriott Corporation where he oversaw much of Marriott’s early growth in Europe.
- In 1989 Chris assumed responsibility for the growth of Holiday Inn Worldwide in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, Inc. where he held the post of Vice President for Development for that territory.
- In 1995 Arthur Andersen appointed Chris Corporate Finance Director with specific responsibility for the Hospitality and Leisure Sector.
- In 1998 Chris re-entered corporate life and joined Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide, Inc. as Vice President of Acquisitions Development for Europe, Africa and the Middle East. During this time Chris closed a large number of hotel transactions – many of them located in the Iberian Peninsula.
- In 2002 Chris, who is fluent in Spanish, moved to Spain where he is focusing his efforts on asset management and acquisitions and development activity in the hotel sector in that country. He currently divides his time between Spain and the UK.