Click here to email Christine Engel
- Christine, a senior hotel group executive joined Hamilton Hotel Partners in January 2014. She has extensive unit and group management experience in Europe, Middle East and North America’s 4 and 5 star hotel market. Until the end of 2013 she held the position of Senior Director Hotel openings in Europe for Hilton’s focused service brands, Hilton Garden Inn and Hampton by Hilton, with her main focus being the hotel opening pipeline in Eastern Europe.
- From 2005 to 2010 Christine was the MD of the German Queens Moat House estate encompassing 24 hotels operating under IHG and Best Western Franchise agreements, with sole corporate responsibilities for all operational disciplines and a substantial capital investment plan.
- Prior to that she was the RVPO for Holiday Inn and Crowne Plaza Hotels in London, being responsible for the financial and operational performance of these key assets, following the rebranding and upgrading from the Posthouse to an IHG brand after acquisition in 2001.
- Immediately prior to this appointment, Christine held several General Manager positions in the Intercontinental Hotels Group, including the Intercontinental Hotel London Mayfair, and the Forum Hotel London and the Forum Hotel Berlin, as well as Hotel Manager at the InterContinental Hotel London. During more than 20 years’ service with IHG, she worked in various operational departments of InterContinental Hotels in the UK, USA and Germany.
- Christine is a native of Germany, where she completed a hotel management apprentice program, attended Cornell University summer classes and is a certified Foreign Correspondent.